Refined Sunflower Oil is one of those highly consumable agro products that have the biggest export rate. Sunflower oil is basically a triglyceride that contains Palmitic acid, Stearic acid, Oleic acid and Linoleic acid. If you keep this oil in room temperature, then it remains liquid. If it is refined sunflower oil, then it looks clear and has the color of light amber. There is a fatty odor of this oil when you keep it at room temperature. It has high nutritional values and proteins. It contains saturated fat, energy, vitamin E, and K, etc. Chemical solvents can be used to extract this oil. There is another process known as expeller pressing where the sunflower seeds are crushed to get the natural oil.
Types of Sunflower Oil
There are mainly two types of Sunflower Oils available in the market. Both of them are used as cooking products and they have some distinct features.
- Owing to inherent properties like nutty and crunchy, these are one of the delicious and healthiest foods. You will get high energy and other essential minerals, nutrients and antioxidant from consuming it for your meals or salads.
- Unrefined Sunflower Oil: This type of oil is less stable in heat and thus they cannot be used in cooking especially. However, you can use them in dishes that are cooked in very low temperature. It contains the original nutrient content more than its refined counterpart.
- Refined Sunflower Oil: It is a kind of oil that can be produced with the help of some machines through a certain mechanical process using a specific technology. There are some series of techniques that are used to refine the oil. However, the nutrient content of this oil is low than the crude oil.
Health Benefits of Sunflower Oil
There are lots of health benefits found in sunflower oil like the mentioned below.
- Sunflower Oil It is extremely good for heart because it contains fatty acids including linoleic acid, which is an omega-6 fatty acid.
- This oil is good for preventing arthritis and joint pain.
- Sunflower Oil is very effective for preventing colon cancer as well as asthma. The oil has Vitamin E, which is good for the patients of asthma.
- It contains vitamin A also. Thus, it is useful for preventing different types of cancer.
- Infants who have the premature birth and low weight can have the danger of getting infection all the time. Sunflower oil can enhance and improve their immunity power and reduce the chance of getting infected easily.
Uses of Sunflower Oil
The best use of sunflower oil can be used and seen in all type of food preparation. It is used as frying oil all over the world. If you mixed it with diesel then it can be used as fuel too.